Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Washed or Wishy-Washy?


Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. 27 And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
                                                               
–Romans 8:26-27 (NRSV)

Cleanse the thoughts of our hearts...

I need to spend time thinking about that sentence...that thought.  What are the ‘thoughts of your heart’?  Are they being ‘washed’ by the “living water” of Christ...or are they just wishy-washy?

 
Thank you, Holy Spirit, for praying for me when I don’t know how to pray for myself.  Cleanse my heart, my thoughts, my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment