Saturday, November 9, 2013

Tuesday, November 5 – You can choose your friends...



No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father.
                                                                  
–John 15:13-15 (NRSV)
No doubt you’ve heard the saying, “You can choose your friends, but you’re stuck with your family.”
For some of us friends are as influential and important as family, maybe even more so.  How is it for you?  What kind of friends have you chosen?  Are they friends who encourage you toward the good... or do they lead you in other directions?
Who are your most important friends?  How have they or are they helping you to become a better person?
Take some time today to consider the friends you’ve had and now have.  How are they influencing you?  How are you influencing them?
Jesus decided to call us “friends.”  He decided to lay down his life so that we might be lifelong friends.  How is he influencing your life?  What kind of friend are you being for him?

No comments:

Post a Comment