Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday, January 9– Youth finding their own faith



Let no one despise your youth, but set the believers an example in speech and conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.  –1 Timothy 4:12 (NRSV)
How can young people keep their way pure?
         By guarding it according to your word.
10 With my whole heart I seek you;
         do not let me stray from your commandments.
11 I treasure your word in my heart,
         so that I may not sin against you.   
Psalm 119:9-11 (NRSV)
Confirmation was originally a ministry of the parents passing on the faith to their children.  It can be a partnership between the congregation and the home.  That’s our goal.
Young people are given an opportunity to learn, serve, worship, ask questions, and have fun together.  After a period of instruction, they are given the opportunity to make the faith that was given to them their own.  We support and celebrate their decision...however they choose to express it.
Please pray for our confirmation and youth ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment