Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wednesday, December 4 – Magnificat praise



And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord, 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 48 for he has looked with favor on the lowliness of his servant. Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed; 49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name. –Luke 1:46-49 (NRSV)
Mary goes to visit her relative Elizabeth...to share their stories of the extraordinary power and favor of God they have experienced?
Mary is blessed by Elizabeth’s greeting and bursts into a psalm of praise very similar to Hannah when she dedicated her son Samuel to the Lord (see 1 Samuel 1 & 2).
What lay ahead for Mary was difficult and heart-breaking at times... but she considered herself greatly blessed.
What about you?  How blessed are you?  Has the Lord looked with favor on you?  How do you make that judgment?

No comments:

Post a Comment