Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Confident Word


so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
     it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
     and succeed in the thing for which I sent it.          –Isaiah 55:11 (NRSV)
Our God is confident...that his word will accomplish the purpose for which he sent it.  “And the word became flesh and lived among us.”  And in Jesus lived grace and truth.  God is confident that word will accomplish its purpose.
Revelation, from which comes our Hymn of Praise lyrics, is a difficult book to understand.  It’s filled with strange and wonderful imagery.  And while the individual images may perplex us, the interpretation of the book can be condensed into two words:  God wins.  God accomplishes his purpose.  The Word wins.  Can I believe that because of my faith in God’s Word I win too?  God’s word will have its way in my life.
Thank you, Word of God, word of life, for dwelling in me and working your will in my life.  Keep me focused...

No comments:

Post a Comment