Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Good morning, Lord!


Let me hear of your steadfast love in the morning,
     for in you I put my trust.
Teach me the way I should go,
    for to you I lift up my soul.         –Psalm 143:8 (NRSV)
In the morning, while it was still very dark, he got up and went out to a deserted place, and there he prayed.         –Mark 1:35 (NRSV)
Jesus practiced what he preached and was an example for us to follow.  He made a daily time to get himself oriented, to stay focused and to soak up the steadfast love of the Father.
I’m sure there were mornings that were cold...and came quickly after a long night of healing, teaching, or explaining to his disciples.
If he needed that daily connection...maybe we do too.
Lord, let me hear of your steadfast love today, for in you I put my trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment